This presentation is best suited for municipalities that are looking to transition to complete, cloud-supported electronic plan review with direct integration of Bluebeam to their permit-tracking databases. Seattle’s Department of Construction and Inspection (SDCI) utilized third-party developers to build an automated session creation with reviewer invitation built around Accela’s permit status management and document database library.
SDCI will be presenting:
- Timeline of development and adoption of Bluebeam as the central software for permit correction communication.
- Custom developer-built integration of Bluebeam’s Studio Sessions with Accela.
- A reflection on successful municipal change management strategies for navigating this business transformation.
- Demonstrate how we customized our profiles to fit with our Bluebeam/Accela integration.
- Outlook for future phases of electronic plan review utilizing Bluebeam in Seattle.
Caelen Ball, Dept. of Construction and Inspection, City of Seattle